Sunday, December 14, 2008

Newletter Assignment

I plan on teaching History to high school students in grades nine through ten. My Benchmark was aimed towards U.S. Wars. I wanted my students to research three U.S. Wars before World War I and who the big contributors of each war were. I wanted my students to have fun and gather interesting but important information at the same time. After I started the assignment I realized that I thought I knew more about Word Processing than I really did. Word Processing is a really great program that teaches students how to write and set up information properly. The sooner the child learns how to use Word Processing the more advantages they have in the future. The Newsletter will give students the chance to research informative topics and gather it into an easy to read format. Being able to create a Newsletter these students will remember more about what they researched because it was a fun and creative assignment. The Newsletter is a great assignment to help students reflect back on what they learned and retain it for use later in life.

No comments: